gsmcomilla
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
gsmcomilla

gsmcomilla

You are not connected. Please login or register

ZTE Blade Recovery Failure

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ZTE Blade Recovery Failure Empty ZTE Blade Recovery Failure Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:44 am

Stransky

I have a ZTE Blade which I had rooted and modded. I undertook an upgrade of my current Mod (Cyanogen Mod 7) and after the upgrade my Blade woild not pass the boot screen. I did a stock recovery and after that I had access to my phone and CM 7 (prior to upgrade version). When I tried again to upgrade I was unable to enter recovery and have since found that my phone is no longer rooted. I then tried Androot 1.6 to root the phone but it returned "Failed- FU-Goo" It would appear that my phone firmware has been corrupted and I need to know what prog/Flash/app will allow me to reflash the firmware so that I can
return the phone to a completely normal state.

Stransky
(Douglas Barr)

2ZTE Blade Recovery Failure Empty Re: ZTE Blade Recovery Failure Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:33 am

andresih

Hi - I seem to have precisely the same issue with symptoms exactly as you have described.
I also have a similar history (previously rooted, and upgraded).

I'm currently running CyanogenMod 7.0, and I'd like to upgrade to the latest stable build (7.10 at time of writing).
I can't get into boot loader no matter what I try, and Universal Androot seems to no longer think I'm rooted, nor allow me to re-root (with the 'foo no-go' error, or whatever it is).

Thanks.
SC.

3ZTE Blade Recovery Failure Empty Re: ZTE Blade Recovery Failure Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:36 am

Stransky

andresih wrote:Hi - I seem to have precisely the same issue with symptoms exactly as you have described.
I also have a similar history (previously rooted, and upgraded).

I'm currently running CyanogenMod 7.0, and I'd like to upgrade to the latest stable build (7.10 at time of writing).
I can't get into boot loader no matter what I try, and Universal Androot seems to no longer think I'm rooted, nor allow me to re-root (with the 'foo no-go' error, or whatever it is).

Thanks.
SC.

Hi
I had to return the Phone to Orange as it would not even boot, I got a new one and rooted and installed CM7 nightlies on it
and have had no probs since.

Stransky

4ZTE Blade Recovery Failure Empty Re: ZTE Blade Recovery Failure Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:40 am

andresih

Bummer...
OK, thanks for quick response.

Mine boots up into CM 7.0 fine, so I have no reason to take it back. I just can't seem to upgrade to any other ROM.
That would include the stock build! so it won't be going back to the shop (over 1 year old now anyway).

I'd just have liked to be able to keep it updated as CM evolved.
Sad

Giving up now - have been looking at this for days.
SC.

5ZTE Blade Recovery Failure Empty Re: ZTE Blade Recovery Failure Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:15 am

Stransky

andresih wrote:Bummer...
OK, thanks for quick response.

Mine boots up into CM 7.0 fine, so I have no reason to take it back. I just can't seem to upgrade to any other ROM.
That would include the stock build! so it won't be going back to the shop (over 1 year old now anyway).

I'd just have liked to be able to keep it updated as CM evolved.
Sad

Giving up now - have been looking at this for days.
SC.

Hi
Why don't you try the CM7 nightlies. If you have Rom Manager on your phone you can
use it to updatge the nightlies. That is what I do, in fact I just up dated 2 days ago.

Stransky

6ZTE Blade Recovery Failure Empty Re: ZTE Blade Recovery Failure Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:06 am

andresih

OK - figured it out.
I wanted to do a backup before doing anything else, but couldn't get into Bootloader. It seems that the latest version of ClockworkMod (5.0.2.0) isn't compatible with my GEN1 Blade.
I had to downgrade to 3.0.1.4 in order to get into Bootloader and backup.

Once I had my backup, I was then able to convert from GEN1 to GEN2.
That then enabled me to flash the latest CM version (which is GEN2 only), and then also upgrade my ClockworkMod and have that work.

The key blocker I had to get by, was knowing to downgrade my ClockworkMod to something much older.
Using the latest stable build now, with GEN2, and all good. Smile

SC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum